- In person: Visit Town Clerk and complete a registration form (During normal office hours)
- By mail: Download the voter registration form here https://sos.vermont.gov/media/nesb43yw/2017-voter-app.pdf and mail it to the Town Clerk
- Online: Register to vote using the Online Voter Registration System here https://olvr.vermont.gov/
- In person: Polling Place: Tues. Nov 3, Wheelock Town Hall, 10am – 7pm)
- Early and absentee: https://sos.vermont.gov/elections/voters/early-absentee-voting/
Property tax bills are mailed on or before September 1 and are due the first Friday in November, annually. Payments may be made by the following:
In person: cash, check, money order or credit card.
By mail: check or money order.
Online: by credit card.
Please note fees apply to all credit card payments. Visit our "Property Tax" page for more information regarding tax payments by credit card.
ALL Property tax payments not received by the close of business on the first Friday in November, are subject to penalty and interest. Clear and precise postmarks ARE accepted.
Urgent problems that need to be addressed as quickly as possible or that arise after business hours or on holidays - please call the Highway Supervisor at (802) 595-1646 or leave a message at the Town Garage (802) 626-1060.
- School bus stuck
- Impassable road
- Stormwater drainage issues
- Hazardous trees on public property
- Sign problems
Other problems don't constitute an emergency, but we want to fix them too! Please call the garage at (802) 626-1060 or complete the form. Non-emergency needs could include:
- Road plowing or grading needs
- Other public right-of-way and property concerns
- Sheffield-Wheelock Transfer Station, Rte. 122, Wheelock just east of Town Hall
- Hours of Operation: Wednesday and Saturday 8am -5pm
- Permit required (free): Get a sticker at the Transfer Station or at Town Clerk's Office. Must be a Sheffield or Wheelock resident.
- Recycling is free.
- What can be recycled? http://nekwmd.org/services/Wheelock.pdf
- Purchase trash bags at the Transfer Station
- small roll of 10=$10
- large roll of 10 =$20
- Bulky days: For big items like couches or mattresses. On regular days during the 2nd week of April, July, and October
Selectboard meets the 3rd Tuesday of the month during May through September; and the 1st and 3rd Tuesday of the month October through April at the Wheelock Town Hall at 6:00 PM and via zoom. The zoom link can be found on each Agenda in the "Agendas & Minutes" section.
- Wheelock has no zoning regulations, but you will need a driveway permit
- A state permit is required for water (a well) and for wastewater (septic). For more information: https://dec.vermont.gov/water/programs/ww-systems/program-education
- A state permit may be required for subdivision. For more information: https://nrb.vermont.gov/act250-permit/need-a-permit