- In person: Visit Town Clerk and complete a registration form (During normal office hours)
- By mail: Download the voter registration form here https://sos.vermont.gov/media/nesb43yw/2017-voter-app.pdf and mail it to the Town Clerk
- Online: Register to vote using the Online Voter Registration System here https://olvr.vermont.gov/
- In person: Polling Place: Tues. Nov 3, Wheelock Town Hall, 10am – 7pm)
- Early and absentee: https://sos.vermont.gov/elections/voters/early-absentee-voting/
In person, cash or check. By mail, check. Property tax bills are mailed in September and are due Nov. 6, 2020.
Urgent problems that need to be addressed as quickly as possible or that arise after business hours or on holidays - please call the Highway Supervisor at (802) 745-7490 or (802) 626-1060 or the Road Commissioner at (802) 626-0705 or (802) 535-1318.
- School bus stuck
- Impassable road
- Stormwater drainage issues
- Hazardous trees on public property
- Sign problems
Other problems don't constitute an emergency, but we want to fix them too! Please call (802) 658-7961 or complete the form. Non-emergency needs could include:
- Road plowing or grading needs
- Other public right-of-way and property concerns
- Sheffield-Wheelock Transfer Station, Rte. 122, Wheelock just east of Town Hall
- Hours of Operation: Wednesday and Saturday 8am -5pm
- Permit required (free): Get a sticker at the Transfer Station or at Town Clerk's Office. Must be a Sheffield or Wheelock resident.
- Recycling is free.
- What can be recycled? http://nekwmd.org/services/Wheelock.pdf
- Purchase trash bags at the Transfer Station
- small $1 each or roll of 10=$10
- large $2 each or roll of 10 =$20
- Bulky days: For big items like couches or mattresses. On regular days during the 2nd week of April, July, and October
Selectboard meets the 3rd Monday of the month, 6pm, Town Hall
- Wheelock has no zoning regulations, but you will need a driveway permit
- A state permit is required for water (a well) and for wastewater (septic). For more information: https://dec.vermont.gov/water/programs/ww-systems/program-education
- A state permit may be required for subdivision. For more information: https://nrb.vermont.gov/act250-permit/need-a-permit
Normally, yes. During the Covid-19 emergency, no. Reservations are to be made with Town Clerk and must adhere to the Facility Use Policy. Please use the Application Form.